In a digital era of emerging e-commerce solutions and hyperlocal mobile applications, every savvy business owner is thinking about how s/he can capitalise on the mobile app development trend.
The key to a successful marketing strategy used by mobile app startups is to maintain a balance between getting aggressive sales volumes versus making a margin on your product or service. If you want to offer deals that customers will be attracted to, you must make your customers believe that they are receiving something more than they normally would through your hyperlocal app.
Those who move around in the start-up circuit already know that mobile applications and hyperlocal deals are the future of digital marketing. Infact, according to Statista.com, 32% of consumers use app based wallet for purchasing everyday commodities and services. The rest of the 68% are quickly catching on because they are already aware of digital wallets and the drive towards e-commerce transactions.
Different Types Of Discounts
Never underestimate the power of a well-crafted discount. Instead of framing similar discounts as everyone else on the market, you can make the deals you offer through your mobile application more interesting and appropriate to your target audience. Based on your clientele, some of the most effective discounts on digital purchases include percentage based discounts, dollar based discounts as well as ‘free’ perks to attract customers like shipping or free gifts and giveaways. Let us take a look at the different types of deals you can offer to attract your customers:
Bombarding offers and discount notifications at the customers without knowing what you are doing can be ineffective or worse – irritating – to your customers. Get organized by scheduling offers on a periodic basis such as weekly, monthly or even quarterly in order to capture customer interest.
Re-targeting customers that disappear
While scrolling through an app or online store people tend to put the selected products in their shopping cart, then, forget it or leave it for later without making an actual purchase. This is where emailers with coupon codes work beautifully to retarget and upsell your product or services to the prospective buyer. Abandoned cart recovery is a function that can be built in into professional applications that helps send pop-ups, emails, reminders and even push messages to remind customers about the products or services sitting in their shopping cart. This is a great tool to help you materialise conversions by using coupon codes.
Indulging customers with loyalty offers
Customers are the crucial part of your business make sure to keep them satisfied. When a particular customer shops number of times from your online store it is recommended to provide them customized discount offers for being the promising customer. It can be done by making exclusive discount codes for specific group of customers by using marketing tools. This type of discounts serves as a reward for loyal customers and encourages them to continue the same.
No matter how many offers, coupons or push notifications you send, nothing can compete with word of mouth marketing. This can serve as an advantage to a savvy entrepreneur who knows how to harness the power of referrals to offer deals and attract new customers. People trust people they know. So, having an exclusive deal for a person who ends up referring your brand to a converting customer can be the magic pill that converts even the most skeptical of buyers.
Attracting new customers to your business is good but to retain old customers is both challenging and necessary if you are to achieve stability in your business. Capturing customer data whether they visit your store online or in person, and then retargeting them through a mobile application or email can be an effective strategy.
There are several ways to attract and retain prospective using mobile applications to offer unique deals. Stop seeing deals as a pushy sales tactic and harness app-based offers as a brand building activity that customers enjoy and look forward to – if you do it right! Such ‘helpful’ offers will create a strong customer relationship that isn’t just about selling and pushing your products on the customer but rather a way to be ready with your product or services whenever (and wherever) the customer has a need! It is time that you have your own mobile application for your retail store or chain and take your business to the next level. Contact &Apps today for the most efficient mobile app solution for your company or just select one of the ready to launch product plans for your mobile application.